SEO Myths, Legends and Folktales From the Mind of Dan Cristo
Dan Cristo and I continue our discussion about the myths, legends and folktales of Search Engine Optimization.
Listen while you browse
[audio:http://diyblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SEO-Myths-Legends-and-Folktales-from-the-Mind-of-Dan-Cristo.mp3|titles=SEO Myths, Legends and Folktales from the Mind of Dan Cristo]
Or download to your favorite .mp3 player
Make sure you listen to the first podcast we did about the SEO fundamentals and also, tune in next week when Dan and I discuss how Facebook is taking over the world…of searchcraft.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What I Got guitar into
- Martin guitars and Dan’s small hands, smell like cabbage
- Who do I look like?
- Dan’s not like 40 years old
- Which members of The Beatles are still alive?
- Break down of future topics
- WordPress tags; few things you may have not known
- Funky tagging technique used by political blogs
- Common SEO myth demystified; Duplicate content doesn’t matter
- The issue of www vs no-www that affects your PageRank and how to fix it
- Latest update to google toolbar PageRank
- Canonical Tags/URLs and 301 Redirects demystified
- A premium part of the podcast only to be listened to by Murray Lunn of murlu.com
- How to perform 301/302 redirects
- The scary part about creating a blog on free blog platforms
- NEVER use subdomain when using free blog platforms
- In the year 3000 every person will have its own website, here’s why
- Blogs as real estate
- Our house appliances will become alive
- New search engines
- What’s the deal with keywords?
- How many keywords is optimal?
- How often does Facebook crawl my site?
- Passing PageRank to Twitter and Facebook; a bad idea
- PageRank Sculpting; A tricky, tricky thing indeed
- The intention of nofollow tag and how it gets abused
- What eCommerce sites are doing wrong and how to fix it
- Removing obstacles
- Trust; its what makes people buy
- What Brooklyn bodegas and shopping carts have in common
- Product tracking with third party shopping carts
- Blow up your website
- Welcoming you to my very own Thunder Show
- More traffic vs better conversion rates
- Conversion optimization
- What to do after converting
- Asking for too much, to soon
- Hi, my name is Facebook. What’s your mother’s maiden name?
Links you need to click on:
- No Bullshit Approach to Search Engine Optimization & Google Page Rank
- You can find Dan on Twitter.
- Check out his VERY cool Video Blogging platform Fluttrs: Video Twitter on Steroids
- Check out Dan’s SEO Camp Fire: SEO Q&A Website
- Video tutorials on SEO by Dan Cristo