Podcast From Zero To Sixty In 10 Steps Or Less
He gave me these 10 steps that I think are really useful if anyone is thinking of doing an online radio show type thang. Enjoy.
- Read this podcast tutorial from start to finish ( it’s kinda long)
- Download the recommended software listed here
- Record your first episode. We used Skype and Call Recorder (for Mac) or SuperTinTin (for Windows)
- Sign up for an account on www.libsyn.com
- Edit the podcast. Remove ramblings, add music intro and outro, etc. We used Garage Band app for Mac.
- Download Mp3tag Software (windows only) to add podcast tags and Artwork to mp3 file. I believe you can do all this with Garage Band on a Mac.
- Followed this tutorial in order to submit to iTunes
- Before I submitted the podcast to iTunes I realized that the show info was a bit screwed up for some reason so I had to follow these instructions on Libsyn.com in order to get them right:
- Finalized submission to iTunes.
- Now waiting for iTunes’ approval.
I should add that Libsyn is a paid service offering storage, reliability and guarantied performance. You could host your podcasts on your own server (which is what I do on DIY Blogger) but that does come with it’s own set of limitations.
I hope this helps you put your own podcast together.
If you need relationship advice, visit http://thelasthonestguy.com
Listen to the Last Honest Guy Relationship Podcast here.
Follow Honest Guy on Twitter.
Podcasts on DIY Blogger NET: