No Bullshit Approach to Search Engine Optimization and Google Page Rank With Dan Cristo
This is truly an EPIC podcast with my favorite new person Dan Cristo.
Turns out, Search Engine Optimization and ranking well on google is not that hard when you have someone who can explain the fundamentals of SEO in an easily understood fashion.
We approach SEO from the google’s point of view and discuss THE MOST IMPORTANT factors to ranking well on google and other search engines. Dan calls this the low hanging fruit. Pick it. Bite into it. It tastes so good, dont it?
Listen while you browse
Or download to you favorite .mp3 player
Make sure you stay tuned-in till the end where Dan reveals if he is in fact Batman.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- How is SEO the same as California Gold Rush in the mid 19th century?
- The right way to look at SEO (It’s not the way its usually presented)
- The state of affairs with my ancient phone
- The SEO advice on Viagra
- How SEO is sold and the truth behind the sales gimmick
- Top 4 things google looks at when determining your rank
- The importance of anchor text
- The title tag
- How to fix the formatting of your social buttons
- History of SEO and web development
- The importance of the domain name
- One key factor in getting an immediate ranking for your local business
- Quality vs. quantity of backlinks
- Search engine red flags
- The limitations of google sentinels
- How SEO experts become SEO experts
- The importance of Matt Cutts to SEO
- SEO. The black art
- All links are not created equal
- There goes the SEO neighborhood
- Page Rank Vs. Social Rank
- Automated backlink solutions
- How to get backlink
- Time in Existence and Expiration Date
- Are new inbound links as valuable as older links?
- What home keywords are the right ones to optimize for?
- Can bigger sites get away with more shenanigans than a new, small blog?
- The rule of thumb on SEO for onsite optimization
- Human friendly headline vs. SEO friendly headline
- Can there be a headline that is both human friendly AND SEO friendly?
- Is it smarter to start making your headlines more human friendly?
- The secret location SEO experts get their google wisdom from
- Common misconceptions people have about SEO addressed
- The value of title, description and keywords
- Why being a good writer makes you a bad blogger
- Google is NOT the only search engine…surprise, surprise.
Thank you Dan for this AMAZING interview.
Dan and I are considering putting a reoccurring podcast about SEO and related topics, so bring us your questions, bring it on.