How to Monetize Photos on Instagram
In a world where tweets and photos fly through feeds at lightning speed, how can we grab onto something? How can we create meaning out of chaos? How do we build something tangible in a post-verbal, post-textual society?
Instacanv.as facilitates this process.
Instacanv.as is a fun and efficient platform that turns your digital photo creations into big, beautiful works of art. It connects buyers to sellers in a simple, transformative way. But just like most things in life, ingenuity and uniqueness take you far. As long as you don’t break any of the instagram community guidelines, you’re golden.
Here’s how to get moving with monetizing your photos on Instagram:
1. If you’re brand new to instacanv.as you’ll need to request your gallery to be opened. Instacanv.as is integrated with instagram. So creating an account is easy if you’re already on instagram. Click the “Artist sign in” box in the upper right corner and use your instagram username and password. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to get your instacanv.as gallery opened. The more you promote your gallery on your social networks, the quicker it happens. Head over to the promote tab to easily share your gallery.
2. Once your gallery is opened, instacanv.as automatically pulls your instagram photos into it. You can then remove any photos that aren’t your greatest work – or photos that you don’t want others to purchase.
3. From here you can purchase your own artwork or other artists’ work as a canvas, framed print, or prism. Canvases start at $39.95 for a 12″ x 12″ and go up to $79.95 for a 20″ x 20″. Framed prints start at $39.95 for an 8″ x 8″. There’s also the option of creating greeting cards. A 10-pack runs $29.95.
4. Instacanv.as passes on 20% of the sale price to artists for each item sold through the gallery. They handle the printing, boxing, and shipping, which is far less than what it would cost you otherwise. 20% sounds like a small amount, but keep in mind that if you sell 20 photos, it can add up quickly.
5. If you purchase your own artwork, once it gets delivered, you can sell it at art shows, galleries, and local trade shows. People will be more than likely to purchase from you if you build a rapport and establish a connection. And it’s almost guaranteed to be better than some of that sad artwork sold in Target. You know the ones I’m talking about.
Have you used instacanv.as? Why or why not?
What do you think about making money from photos on instagram?
Please comment below.