How To Get a Job by Interviewing Like a Viking With Corey Harlock
Vikings used to go into battle by saying “Today is a good day to die”. Can YOU be that fearless?
We take a departure from the usual nonsense I dispense on this site and focus on something more practical.
How to break through the noise, make your resume stand out from the crowd and interview like you already have the job.
Our guide will be none other than the person who is firmly placed between candidates and hiring managers and knows both sides well.
Corey Harlock will let us in on his insider’s point of view.
Listen while you browse
[audio:http://diyblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/How-To-Get-a-Job-by-Interviewing-Like-a-Viking-with-Corey-Harlock.mp3|titles=How To Get a Job by Interviewing Like a Viking with Corey Harlock]
Or download to your .mp3 player
Corey was kind enough to give my readers a 25% discount on his Skills to Achieve program. During the check out, enter the following code: 18BBF3F
In this interview we talk about:
- Who is Corey Harlock and why you should listen to him?
- Why being safe is a bad career move.
- Your Career Coach is not working for you.
- Good strategy vs. bad strategy
- How to balance standing out and fitting in
- The view from the hiring manager’s desk
- Today’s hiring system is not designed for today’s environment
- Being a Viking will get you hired
- Resume writers are writing resumes to please you, NOT the hiring manager
- What filtering process managers use to weed out potential candidates
- How to get an impartial view of your resume
- Which noise from your resume can be safely eliminated
- One thing you can do today to get hired
- How to talk yourself into a job you don’t want
- The first 3 minutes of the interview process
- Things you didn’t know about handshakes, drinks and eye contact
- Job interview is not an interview. It’s a negotiation
- The right answer to the “Do you have any questions?” question