Cool New Things To Do With Twitter: Embedded Tweets + @commun_it
WordPress just released a new version (version 3.4), and with it comes a very cool new feature.
Embedded Tweets in WordPress
Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is very cool indeed! Check it out in action:
— Mike Veny (@MikeVeny) April 24, 2012
Here it is again! (This is just too easy and too fun!)
— Adaptistration (@Adaptistration) June 14, 2012
All you have to do is
- Update your self hosted WordPress site to 3.4
- Find the tweet you want to embed on Twitter.com
- Click on “Details” to see just this individual tweet
- Click on “Embed this tweet” or just copy the link from your browser bar
- If you clicked on “Embed this Tweet”, you will be given three options, and you want the last one on the right, “Link”
- Take the link and simply past it into your post, like so
- When you publish, it will look like this with the links all activated:
— Joe Prasad (@ThinkNewMedia) May 21, 2012
Sometimes, if the tweet was part of a conversation, the conversation will be embedded as well.
Isn’t that spiffy!
Keep Track With Commun.it
I’m loving using Commun.it. We’ve been getting aquainted this week and we are on a fast track to becoming best pals.
Commun.it is filling a need of mine that has arisen: I love to say thank you to as many people who tweet out my posts as I can. But, sometimes I miss people or my brain plays little tricks on me, and I feel weird that I might be sending them 2 thank-you’s because I forgot I did it the first time.
Commun.it solves this immediate problem of mine by only showing me the tweets I have yet to reply to! It also shows me some of my friends that I thought I was following, but it turns out I wasn’t (oops, sorry!). It’s a very well designed and useful app. The free account is providing what I need without having to update to the pro, paid account. If you are having the same problem as I was, I definitely recommend checking it out!