Behind the Scenes With BlogCastFM’s Srinivas Rao
Srini’s mission and criteria for interviewing people is simple. Find someone who has valuable information related to online business, and make him tell it. And as I’ve come to find out, no one is better at squeezing the last drop out of a blogger’s brain that Srini.
We are basically shooting the shit, but at the same time, there is a tremendous amount of useful information that he divulges regarding BlogCastFM’s beginnings and future.
Before he releases his interview with me, I figured I would treat my audience and share our off-the-record conversation as an introduction to BlogCastFM and Srini. You can also take a listen at these awesome interviews Srini did with some of the biggest names in the blogosphere.
- Ramit Sethi talks about Writing a Series that Generates Lots of Traffic, Getting a Book Deal, and Why Blogs Are a Terrible Way to make Money
- Steve Kamb on How He Grew from 90 to 3000 Subscribers in Less Than a Year
So, without further ado, BlogCastFM, aka The Tonight Show of the Blogoshpere, comes to DIY.
Listen while you browse
Or download to your favorite .mp3 player
In this podcast, we discuss:
- Trouble with audio
- Srini promises to buy a mike at BlogWorld
- 25,000 donwloads…not too shabby
- Q. Who is BlogCastFM? A. Srini and Sid
- The only criteria of BlogCastFM is to be useful to bloggers.
- How BlogCastFM came about and the early missteps
- BlogCastFM’s tipping point came at 6 months
- The unpublished interviews
- How DO you pronounce Srinivas?
- Who is Srini?
- How did Srini end up in Costa Rica?
- The person behind BlogCastFM?
- Make sure you say hi to Srini at BlogWorld in May
- Marcus The Sales Lion gets talked about
- Why goals don’t matter?
- Your patience gets rewarded.
- Compounding effect of relationships
- 150 followers is all you need
- What was in Srini’s back pack when he moved to Costa Rica?
- Trials and tribulations of dealing with ticos
- Srini’s main mode of transportation
- Is Srini a misfit at heart?
- Happy Birthday Srini
- Srini and I discuss the Death Ground strategy of life
- Who’s going to BlogWorld?
- Srini is too old for Vegas
- Bloggers hit the ground runnin’
- Who keeps BlogCastFM on track?
- Srini talks BlogCastFM download stats
- How do people consume podcasts?
- When will Triberr tip?
- Distraction free writing
- Srini’s first speaking experience
- The Art if Digital Storytelling